Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Bonemender by Holly Bennett

This book is so exciting!

There are really intense battle scenes and some really great heroes. I really liked reading about Gabrielle’s talents as a bonemender. You can totally get into the detailed descriptions of her healing techniques and procedures. I feel really badly that Gabrielle falls in love with one of the Elves, because he can live for 300 years and she would die a long time before him. I hope that the elves and the humans can work out their differences so that they can defeat the Greffaires. Otherwise, it looks like it is the end for all humans and elves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a fantasy book and I usually don't like fantasy books so when I opened this and saw the map, you know the map of a fantasy land with all the weird names, I dreaded even starting to read this book. But I'm really glad I did because it was good. Unlike other fantasy books I've read, I didn't have to keep looking at the map to figure out where I was and I didn't have to "keep track" of a ton of different characters. The story draws you in and Gabrielle seems like a teenager of today even though the story is set in a different time.

Sukey said...

Thanks for posting this asilya. I put this book down and picked something else when I saw the fantasy map. Maybe now I'll check it out after all.